Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chicken lettuce wraps !


Hello everyone ! I made chicken lettuce wraps for my husband and I . We are so in love with these wraps. They are healthy and delicious. The lettuce adds a perfect crunch and trust me you won't miss the bread ! This is perfect for someone who is trying to eat less carbs. This recipe serves around 3 people. Hope you enjoy ! 

You will need:

1 tomato
1 onion
3-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
3 chicken breast fillets chopped into bite size chunks
Spicy sauce ( see recipe below )





Fry onions on medium heat until they are caramelized.  Once they are brown add tomatoes and fry for a bout 5 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and fry this on low heat for 2-3 minutes.


You can use store bought chilli sauce but I made my own " sauce" which consisted of 1 tablespoon ketchup, crushed red chilli peppers, 1 tsp vinegar and soy sauce. Add pepper and salt accordingly. 


Add the chicken to the wok and turn up the heat. Stir fry for 5-7 minutes. I love chicken breast because it cooks so fast. Add the sauce at the end.


Scoop the chicken into lettuce. I used iceberg lettuce because I love the taste and texture of it. Garnish with parsley ( you can also garnish with peanuts, sesame seeds, or a drizzle of hot sauce ) 


This was seriously so delicious and surprisingly filling.  This is going to be a staple in my diet now !




No comments:

Post a Comment