Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Apple puff pastry dessert !

Hey everyone ! I wasn't sure what to call this recipe ! It's like an apple pie but not in the traditional sense. I made this a couple of days ago during the crazy winter storm and it turned out so yummy ! It's a perfect warm treat for a night in or a tea party ! Hope you like it. 

P.S I forgot to use an egg wash (we ran out of eggs during the storm lol !) for the edges so the ends opened up a bit. However it was still delicious ! 

You will need cinnamon powder, unsweetened cocoa powder, white sugar and brown sugar.

Mix the above mentioned ingredients in a cup. I did not use specific measurements.


Cut up two apples. You can use more or less apples depending on how many of these you are planning on making. Two apples yielded four squares.


Mix the sugar mixture with the apples. Bake the apples on a cookie sheet for about 5-7 minutes until they soften up.


Scoop a small amount of the baked apple mixture onto the puff pastry squares
 


Fold the puff pastry over and seal the edges using egg wash (egg and a bit of water mixed) and a fork. I did not have eggs so I just used the fork to seal the edges, however, this did not seal the pastry and it opened up a bit so the egg wash is very important ! 



Bake in the oven till the pastry turns golden ! 


This literally took me 30 minutes to make. I am sure next time it will take even less time now that I know how to make it ! These also reminded me of Macdonald's apple pie ! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment