Thursday, September 25, 2014

Super delicious lasagna

Hi guys I know its been a while. I've been travelling overseas for the past month and just got settled back to reality. I made this delicious lasagna a few days ago and really wanted to share the recipe with you guys! Hope you like it.

First prepare the meat sauce: I simply took ground beef and ready made tomato sauce that has little chunks of onions and tomatoes and simmered everything for about 30 minutes on medium heat. After it's done cooking I let it cool down before layering it at the bottom of a pyrex dish. 


 

I found these ready to cook lasagna strips at my local grocery store. The good thing about these is that you don't have to cook them before hand. They cook within the meat sauce in the oven. I was skeptical how this would turn out compared to the traditional lasagna strips and I was pleasantly surprised at how delicious they tasted. Layer this on top of the meat sauce.



After the strips, layer cheese mixture on top. The cheese mixture is ricotta, Parmesan and fresh mozzarella mixed with chopped parsley and two whisked eggs.


Keep on layering depending on thick you want your lasagna to be. I just did each layer once. I finished off the top layer with Mexican cheese blend which consists of Monterrey , pepper jack, cheddar and mozzarella cheese. Double wrap your dish tightly with foil and place in a pre-heated oven (350) for about an hour. I used a fork to poke through the layer to make sure its all cooked through.



This food is best eaten while watching a movie at home on a Saturday night :P




No comments:

Post a Comment