Friday, May 16, 2014

Yummy Chicken Jalfrezi

Hey guys ! My sister in law who is an amazing cook recently gave me this delicious recipe for Chicken Jalfrezi. I have made it a few times now and it really reminded me of Pakistani food courts in Karachi that serve Chinese food but with a touch of desi !
Here's a picture tutorial on how to make it:

You will need chopped green bell peppers/red bell peppers, onions, diced tomatoes, fresh ginger and garlic


You will also need fresh ground pepper, salt,crushed cumin, tumeric, red chilli powder and coriander powder. You don't have to add ketchup but I do because it gives it a sweet taste!


First fry the onions in vegetable oil until they start wilting. Don't overfry them ! Once they are wilted take them out and set them aside.

Now in the same pot, add boneless chicken breast cut into cubes and fry them for a few minutes. They cook pretty fast !

Once the chicken has turned white add all the spices and garlic/ginger.

Once the spices are mixed well with the chicken add tomatoes and fry for a few minutes more.

Once you see that the water is evaporated from the chicken add the onions back along with the diced green/red bell peppers. Now fry this for a few minutes.

I added a bit of ketchup at the end because I love the sweet taste it gets and also makes the sauce thick and rich. 

The end product ! Garnish with coriander leaves. I eat mine with brown rice (no more white rice for me!) and a kale/spinach salad. I think this is pretty healthy (minus the ketchup!) and easy to make. 





No comments:

Post a Comment