Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Makeup collection and organization

Once a month I do a thorough cleaning of all my makeup stuff. I always change up the arrangement of my makeup to keep it interesting and throw away super old makeup. Before I head into how I organize my makeup here are some pictures of my makeup collection.


Here is my blush collection. I loveeee blushes. They are my favorite part of doing makeup. I have blushes from high end brands like Benefit and Mac to drug store brands like Elf and Maybelline. I recently purchased BH cosmetics blushes . They colors are absolutely gorgeous with cute packaging and they are a steal at $3.95. Buy Benefit Cosmetics CORALista Blush  



I don't have a lot of makeup palettes because they last me a long time. My Naked 1 palette is more than a year old but it still works perfectly! My go to palette for summer is naked 3 and Bh cosmetics Take me to  Brazil eyeshadow palette. It has gorgeous colors perfect for summer and the pacakging is just to die for.
Below is a picture of what the palettes look like. I got the Tarte palette for around $50 during black friday deals at Ulta. The palette is actually worth around $200.


I got these individual Mac eyeshadows as a wedding present from my dad :). I also have drug store eye shadow pots from NYX and Maybelline.


I also have Micabella eyeshadows that are seriously amazing.  The company is now called Mica Beauty. They have some of the best mineral eyeshadows ever that are super pigmented.



I am not super picky about lipsticks. My biggest splurge this year on lipstick was Too Faced Melted lipstick in Melted Fuchsia. Its super pigmented and I can tell it will last me a long time. I absolutely Revlon lipsticks. I think they are long lasting and moisturizing. 



I also love NYX soft matte lip cream. The quality is amazing for just $6. They also carry very nice lip glosses.


Here are my face products that I use constantly. I recently purchased Maybelline's Baby Skin pore eraser. People usually compare it to the Benefit POREfessional primer but I think Benefit is way better at actually blurring pores. I will continue to use the Maybelline one until it finishes but I will not repurchase it again. I am currently trying to finish my drug store foundations before I splurge on a high end foundation for my summer vacation. I love using Urban Decay's primer for eyeshadows. I swear by it and I haven't had any reason to switch to another brand. I also love using Maybelline mascaras. They are amazing quality and really make my eyelashes pop. 


How I organize my makeup

I bought a bunch of containers from the dollar store. I organize my makeup in categories such as blushes, lipsticks. etc. My vanity table is from Ikea and it's perfect size for our bedroom.  The big mirror and small mirror on my table are also from Ikea. I hope to get Alex drawers when we move into a bigger place.


I display my statement jewelry pieces on my vanity. I got these holders from Dubai and Canada. They help keep my jewelry organized and tangle free :). I put my Mac face brushes in a big glass pot filled with marbles. 


I keep my everyday go to makeup products in this handy makeup caddy. I bought this from Bed Bath and Beyond. It can hold so many different things and also swivels around.




 I always keep cotton swabs and cotton balls in a glass jar for makeup emergencies :P



Hope you enjoyed this post.  Leave any comments/suggestions below . I would love to hear from you :)












No comments:

Post a Comment